Potential Projects

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thomas deal



OK, so I'll admit that I am highly resistant to buying any Thomas the Train products.  They're super expensive, and I kind of just want to stick to a generic version of trains.  Or better yet, leave the trains to the children's museum (The Imagine Children's Museum has an AWESOME train display and is all around great!)  But there are several great deals going on now, or coming up shortly that make Thomas quite a bit cheaper than the generic version.  So I'll leave it up to you to decide if you want to join me in getting some cheap Thomas trains for your little one(s).

Here's the two deals I'm eyeing:

Target currently has a coupon for 50% off Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway Beginner Set.  Print that here  (sort by toy catalogue on the left to find it faster).  The set is $25, so it's $12.50 after the coupon.  The set comes with a Talking Thomas, a caboose, a stop sign, and a variety of track pieces.

Toys R Us has Thomas Early Engineers sets on sale for $12.49 for their Black Friday sale.  There is a $10 off coupon for this set in the November Parenting Early Years Magazine (on page 101).  So you can get this set for $2.49!  I checked this set out tonight at Target and it is compatible with the above set.  Yeah!  Here's the TRU ad:

I think once you actually have the ad in hand (unlike me who is just trolling the internet for Black Friday sales!), you should be able to price match at either Target or Walmart, if you were going to either of those locations.  Although, based on the ad, TRU is apparently opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving day, so they may not let you price match based on time.   

Let me know if you decide to go for either of these deals! 



1 comment:

  1. Why would you leave the trains to the museum when it's clearly super cool to have trains at home? Duh, mom. Whenever you get confused by such matters, you should ask your partner; he always has the right idea. (If I do say so myself.)

    Pete

    ReplyDelete