Potential Projects

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I can sew, sew can you!


Who is that dapper gent, and wherever did he get those pants?  You'll never believe this, but I actually sewed them myself!  Not only that, but I made up the pattern, and finished the whole project while someone was napping.  This made for a really awesome day for me!

So disclaimer:  I don't have a lot of sewing experience.  I attempted to make a pillowcase the other day that literally came apart at the seems (there's a little more to that story, but it's also true!).  So I truly believe that most of you could do this yourself, as long as you have access to a sewing machine.  Truth be told, I don't even own a sewing machine, but I do have my sister's on loan (Thanks Rach!).

Instead of trying to give you any kind of directions on how to make these pants, I'm going to point you to the tutorial over at MADE.  It is extremely well written and easy to follow.  I used some grey fleece that I had leftover from another sewing disaster experiment.  Hopefully if I keep practicing I will have fewer disasters.    I learned a lot from making these, and I know the next pair I make will fit even better!  Looking forward to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment